ICC Special Inspector / Materials Testing Technician
• Must possess ICC certifications for various reinforced concrete and masonry as a minimum.
• Must possess a strong knowledge of general construction methodology, concrete batching and placement operations and general building construction.
• The ability to perform, review and/or analyze laboratory and field tests/data to provide interpretation of test results.
• Ability to take on increasing responsibility on a wide variety of interesting projects.
Must pass a pre-employ drug test upon hire.
CGI Technical Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Geologist with 5 to 10 years' experience related to site geological mapping, geotechnical investigation, and technical report preparation to be based in our Redding CA office.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on geological and/or geotechnical engineering type of projects. However, we are open to provide training for the right candidate.
Tasks will also include:
• Preparation of work plans and health and safety plans, permits for encroachment and boring/well;
• Geotechnical investigation (drilling, test pits...)
• Preparation of site maps, cross sections, drill/test pit logs...
• Assistance with preparation of geotechnical reports; and
• Observations during project construction (keyway review, fill placement observation, compaction...)
This position will be a mix of office and field work. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required and experience with geo-engineering software (rock mechanics, log plot, drafting. . .) is preferred.
We are seeking a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and be a part of a team. Must be willing to travel within the northern California region. PG license preferred. Must pass a pre-employ drug test upon hire.
CGI Technical Services, Inc. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org